Marlin Swim & Dive Team Gold Sponsor Spotlight:
What’s happening at the Creek?
Here are the upcoming activities at the pool. (Social Dates are Tentative)
- Sat, May 25 - 11:00 am ---- Pool Opens
- Sat, May 25 - 12:00 pm ---- Members Opening Day BBQ
- Tue, May 28 - 4:00 pm ---- Swim Team Tryouts
- Sat, Jun 8 - 8:00 pm ---- Derwood Derby - Pool Closes @ 7:00 pm
- Fri, Jun 14 - 5:30 pm ---- Food Truck
- Mon, Jun 17 - 6:30 am ---- Adult Early Bird Swim
- Tue, Jun 18 - 8:00 pm ---- Water Aerobics
- Wed, Jun 19 - 6:30 am ---- Adult Early Bird Swim
- Fri, Jun 21 - 6:30 am ---- Adult Early Bird Swim
- Fri, Jun 21 - 5:30 pm ---- Food Truck
For a complete list of events this summer at the pool check out the Events Page
Ledo MCT Pool Spirit Day
Help support Mill Creek Towne by dining in or carrying out from Derwood’s Ledo Pizza all day Monday, January 28. A portion of the sales from the day will go towards the purchase of new umbrellas. There is no school for MCPS this day (Professional day for teachers). Help us raise dough and have a great time with your MCT friends!
Corned Beef King
Thanks to Joni, Roman, Laura and Marian for stepping up to fill the vacancies on the board!
2019 Pool Board
President – Jon Lockard
Vice-President – Joni Mackesy
Treasurer – Roman Drews
Secretary – Mary Moore
Directors – Kerry Drews, Kevin Keith, Guy Federico, Marian Van Pelt, Laura Reese
Don’t Forget to Pay Your 2018 Dues
To pay your 2018 dues:
1. Log on to eSoft Planner – Click here to go to the Membership Database
2. Select your membership level.
3. Select to pay online (3% credit cart fee will be added) or mail you check to MCTSA PO Box 5603 Derwood, MD 20855
4. Tell a friend about what a great place MCT is.
NEW! – Initiation Fee Payment Plans
To lessen the initial 1st year expense of joining the pool, we are now allowing the initiation fee ($525) to be be spread out over multiple years. When you join the pool, you can opt to pay the one time initiation fee in installments over 1-4 years. For complete details on membership types and fees, click here to go to the Membership Page. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Membership Director @ email@example.com
2018 Letter to Members
Mill Creek Towne Pool Families,
I hope you are excited about the upcoming 2018 pool season!
On behalf of the entire Board of Directors, I welcome you and your family to the 2018 Mill Creek Towne Pool season! The pool will open on Saturday, May 26, 2017, at 11:00 a.m. We are busy preparing an awesome year full of fun, family-friendly activities, starting with the Member BBQ at 12:00 pm that day.
The first order of business for you as members, is to come to the annual budget meeting on Monday February 19, 2018 between 7:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. @ Ledos in Derwood (Mondays is $6 calzone night) and vote on the proposed budget and amendments to the bylaws. Below are links to the budget and bylaws changes:
2018 Operating Budget
2018 Bylaw Chagnes
We need at least 15 members to come to the meeting and vote. The good budget news is that we have managed to keep the annual dues at the same rate as 2017!
One of the major comments that we have heard over the years is that the upfront cost (annual dues + initiation fee) to join the pool is cost prohibitive. As a result we have proposed 2 by-law changes that we hope will help bolster our membership numbers. The first proposed change will allow the one time initiation fee to be paid over a period of multiple years as established by the board. Pending the approval of this change, the board has set the period that the initiation fee can be paid over to a maximum of 4 years (equal payments + $25 administrative fee each year after the first year) . The second change reduces the dues for an associate membership for members that renew at the associate level for a second year (requires board approval).
Swim Team Practice:
Another change that we would like to announce is a modification to the swim team practice schedule. Over the past several years, the number of 8 and under swimmers has been trending lower. One of the reasons cited for this decline is the lack of working family/camp friendly practice times for the 8 and unders. Hopefully this new schedule will benefit not only the 8 and unders but also the other age groups that couldn’t make the earlier start times.
Afternoon Practice once school gets out (Mon, Tues, and Thurs):
10 and under – 5:45 pm – 6:30 pm
11 and up – 6:30 pm-7:30 pm
The morning schedule will not be changing and it is recommend that your swimmer(s) attend the morning practice if their and your schedules permit.
We need your help!
1. Be the Buzz – You are our best marketing tool. Follow us on Facebook (Mill Creek Towne Swim Association) – like, comment and share our posts.
2. Recruit New Members – Tell your friends and neighbors about MCT. Spread the news about our new swim team practice schedule and payment plans.
3. Social Committee – Our amazing social committee from the previous 3 years (thanks Kerri and Colleen!) have hung up their social tiaras. If you want to help out for the whole year or just assist in a single event, please let us know.
4. Assistant Membership Coordinator – Another awesome volunteer (Liz) has been the membership coordinator for the last several years and could use an assistant to help keep the membership database accurate and up to date.
In addition to the new payment plan option for new membership initiation fees, we will once again be offering the option to pay your annual dues over several months with the final payment being due by May 1st. You will receive an email in the near future with details.
We would love to hear from you:
If anyone has any comments, concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me – firstname.lastname@example.org or the entire board – email@example.com.
Fees and Dues for 2018.
Membership fees (for existing members) paid before May 1, 2018 will be at the regular rate.
Fees paid on or after May 1, 2018 will be assessed a $25 late.
Full Family Membership – $550
Two – person Membership – $440
Single membership – $320
Senior membership – $320
Associate Membership – $640 (1st year) $692.50 (2nd year)
Nanny/Granny – $80
Inactive Fee – $75
One time Initiation Fee ($525 if paid in 1 year, $550 if paid in 2 years, 575 if paid in 3 years, 600 if paid in 4 years)
We offer no Initiation Fee Memberships to Active Duty Military Personnel